Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture Today – http://www.acupuncturetoday.com – News regarding Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
- Chinese Herb Academy – http://www.chineseherbacademy.org/ – A professional resource with papers and discussions concerning Oriental medicine.
- Chinese Medicine Times – http://www.chinesemedicinetimes.com/ – Free journal with useful articles related to acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
- Classical Chinese Medicine – http://www.classicalchinesemedicine.org/ – Heiner Fruehauf’s website, which discusses many aspects of classical Chinese medicine.
- Cupping – http://www.cuppingresource.com This site is dedicated to exploring the ancient art of cupping.
- Gancao.net – http://www.gancao.net/ – A large website with lots of interesting information.
- Institute of Traditional Medicine –http://www.itmonline.org – Subhuti Dharmananda’s website with lots of articles related to Eastern Healing Arts.
- Sacred Lotus Arts – http://www.sacredlotus.com/ – A very useful website for learning about Acupuncture Points, Herbs and Formulas, and Chinese Diagnostic skills.
Asian Cultural Studies
- Daoist Studies- http://www.daoiststudies.org/index.php – A website that contains scholarly information about Daoism/Taoism.
- Master Zhong Xian Wu- http://www.masterwu.net – Qi gong and Taoist scholar.
Herbal Medicine East and West
- American Botanical Council: http://abc.herbalgram.org/site/PageServer – A great resource for reliable herbal medicine information.
- Bioinformatics and Drug Design Group –http://tcm.cz3.nus.edu.sg/group/tcm-id/tcmid_ns.asp -– Includes a searchable Traditional Chinese Medicine Information Database, which covers thousands of herbs, formulas, and chemical constituents.
- Dictionary of Chinese Herbs 現代中藥辭- http://thedao.com/Chinese_herbs_dictionary.htm Joe Hing Kwok Chu’s encyclopedic database of Chinese herbs in Chinese in English.
- Ethnobotany Research and Applications –http://www.ethnobotanyjournal.org/– A journal of plants, people, and applied research.
- Henriette’s Herbal Homepage –http://www.henriettesherbal.com/ – Huge database with information on botanicals.
- Herb Med – http://www.herbmed.org/links.asp#Journals –”An interactive electronic herbal database- provides hyperlinked access to the scientific data underlying the use of herbs for health.”
- Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Database – http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/ –Dr. Jame’s Duke’s database that provides valuable information on plant constituents, activities and ethnobotanical uses.
- Southwest School of Botanical Medicine – http://www.swsbm.com/HOMEPAGE/HomePage.html – A vault of comprehensive information and herbals related to botanical medicine.
- Sylvan Institute of Botanical Medicine – http://sylvanbotanical.com/ -A great educational resource with classes, journals and posts. The content largely focuses on Western Herbs being integrated into the Chinese Medicine Herbal Paradigm.
National Acupuncture and Licensing Associations
- Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. – http://www.acaom.org/ – Discusses the accreditation process for schools who want to offer Acupuncture training.
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – http://www.aaaomonline.org/
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine –http://www.ccaom.org/ -–The group that administers the Clean Needle Technique course.
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association- http://www.acudetox.com/ – The NADA protocol or 5NP (Five Needle Protocols) official website. This protocol is used in helping people transition out of substance abuse and is broadly used to treat addictions and offer support to individuals undergoing stressful situations.
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – http://www.nccaom.org/ – The organization for national licensure. Contains a database of licensed practitioners throughout the United States.
- Drug Interaction Website
–http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html – This website allows you to enter medications and see if there are any interactions between them. Very useful if you are on multiple medications.
- Mederi Foundation http://mederifoundation.org/welcome.html – An organization that offers teleconferencing and distance consultations for chronic health issues. The mission statement of the Mederi Foundation is to, “optimize health, promote longevity, and improve the quality of life of those facing chronic diseases, especially cancer; and to provide a comprehensive approach toward the transformation of healthcare for individuals and institutions.”